It is important to read the following terms and conditions before initiating a hire.
Silent Disco-Tech is a Trading name of Dave Bedson Event Productions and will be refereed to as “Dave Bedson” in these terms
Terms and Conditions of Booking & Hire
- You must be over the age of 18
- You must read and understand the following Terms & Conditions
- A security deposit must be paid in full either in cash, via credit/debit card or via bank transfer*
A payment may be required to secure your booking – You will be informed of this at the time of your enquiry.
For Cash Accounts – Full payment is to be made at least 7 Days prior to your event.
For Credit Accounts – Full payment is to be made within 30 days of the event or within 30 days of the invoice date, unless prior arrangements have been agreed in advance.
Prices, Returns & Cancellations:
Any cancellations made up to 14 days before your event will be subject to a £50.00 admin fee. If you cancel within 7 days of your event then the full hire fee is required unless otherwise agreed in writing. If any booking security payment is made, this is non-refundable, but subject to our discretion, it might be possible to use this towards an alternative booking.
This document is issued by Dave Bedson, to describe the terms and conditions of hire of Sound, Lighting, Pyrotechnics and Event Systems for concerts, events, and other performances, where provided without personnel (Crew) This document is the Terms & Conditions of Dry Hire in full, laying down the contractual agreement between Dave Bedson and the Hirer.
Definition of expressions used:
“Hire” – This expression refers to the arrangement to use equipment supplied by Dave Bedson at an event. The period of Hire under these terms is usually one or more days and rates applied may be quoted as ‘the Hire Cost’ or ‘the Daily Rate’, or ‘the Weekly Rate.’
“Hirer” – The person, company, department or other body who has ordered and/or accepted goods or services from Dave Bedson.
“The Equipment” – All items of equipment and or services accepted by the hirer along with any other items and or services included or implied whether specified or not.
“Owner/The Company” – Dave Bedson (Event Productions) / Second Star Events / Silent Disco-Tech
Provision of the Equipment:
- Dave Bedson agrees to supply you with the equipment described in the hire agreement for the hire period.
- All equipment is supplied in full working order and any defective items will be replaced, where possible, promptly by Dave Bedson unless the item in question has been damaged by the hirer.
- Equipment remains the property of Dave Bedson. In the event of a breach of any of these conditions, Dave Bedson may terminate the arrangement and repossess all their Equipment.
- Unless explicitly stated in writing in the quotation, the following are excluded from the hire provision:
4.1. Equipment (other than shown in the hire agreement)
4.2. Transportation of equipment.
4.3. Dave Bedson will, at its sole discretion, charge the Hirer for any equipment lost, stolen or damaged as described in Paragraphs 5 and 6 below (Responsibilities of the Hirer) whether or not this is covered by the insurance policy taken out by the Hirer.
Responsibilities of the Hirer:
- The Hirer assumes full responsibility for the Equipment from the time of checking out until checking in. The hirer is responsible for the safe keeping of equipment and is liable for any loss or damage caused to the Equipment during the period of hire. The hirer is responsible for providing suitable and adequate security arrangements for the safe keeping of the equipment during the period of hire. The hirer must take all necessary steps (at its own expense) to retain possession and control of the equipment and in the event of losing possession or control will take all necessary steps to recover the equipment.
5.1. Items of equipment are not to be used, and the Hirer will not permit them to be used, for any purpose for which they are not expressly designed.
5.2. Equipment is not to be altered or modified in any way.
5.3. Equipment is not to be hired, re-hired or sub-hired to any third party or parties, without the express written consent of Dave Bedson.
- The cost of replacing or repairing damaged Equipment will be paid in full by the Hirer. Equipment lost, damaged or modified may be charged for at full hire rate until the loss is settled in full.
6.1. Examples of loss/damage /modification include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Damage by persons known or unknown, including audiences and artists
- Damage or loss caused by inadequate handling by third parties (including local crew)
- Damage by adverse weather conditions including water damage
- Loss due to theft on site or in transit
- Loss or damage during transportation
- Modifying cables by cutting and/or re-wiring plugs/sockets
6.2. Replacement charges for equipment are available on request. Please contact Dave Bedson if you require a copy.
- Liability: Equipment is supplied on the understanding that it be competently installed and operated by the Hirer. Dave Bedson is covered by a £5,000,000 Public Liability insurance policy; however, this only covers “wet” Hires. It is highly recommended that the hirer takes out an adequate insurance policy for the hire as our liability insurance only covers events when we are on site.
- Competent Personnel: Where certain hire Equipment requires specialist technical knowledge or training for the safe or effective installation and or operation, the hirer will be required to appoint competent personnel to operate the equipment. If this is not possible then Dave Bedson can supply a competent crew member, this will be charged for in addition to the hire rate, unless otherwise agreed.
- Local Licenses: The hirer is solely responsible for obtaining any license, qualification or other authority, which may be required for the safe and legal operation of the Goods hired and agrees to abide by all legal guidelines relating to the installation and operation of the Goods.
- Sound Pressure Levels: High Sound Pressure levels can cause permanent hearing damage. Repeated exposure can have a cumulative effect. Certain pieces of equipment provided by Dave Bedson can and does produce high enough sound pressure levels to cause permanent hearing damage. Dave Bedson cannot accept liability for any individual’s failure to stay at an appropriate distance from loudspeakers or failure to take any necessary steps to protect their own hearing. It is the responsibility of the hirer to ensure the safety, with regard to hearing, of the general public. Where appropriate you may wish to ensure that warning notices are displayed, hearing protection is issued, or safety barriers are erected.
Hire Periods, Charges and Payments:
- Hire Period: Hire charges are calculated from the date of collection / delivery to the date of return to Dave Bedson. Permission for extending hire arrangements may be granted on request but must not be assumed. Availability and prices of Equipment may vary.
- Hire Charges: Hire charges are based on daily rates, with the period of hire starting from the time of checking out by Dave Bedson, to the time of checking in.
- Weekly Hire: Goods checked out during operating hours on day 1, must be returned before 7.00pm on the 7th day of hire, or a second week’s hire will be incurred.
- Payments: Payments must be made in full either before your event or within 30 days from the date of invoice or date of event (Unless otherwise arranged). Accepted payment types: Cash, Credit/Debit Card, PayPal or Bank Transfer.
14.1. All overdue invoices will incur an admin/late payment fee of £60, plus intertest of 8% + Current BOE Base Rate until the invoice and all admin/late payment fees are settled in full. Under certain circumstances, we may allow an extension but written permission must be granted before the invoice is due.
General Terms and Provisions:
- Contract of Hire: The placing of an order for equipment by the Hirer or the issuing of a sales invoice by Dave Bedson constitutes a contract which binds the Hirer to accept these conditions.
- Termination: Dave Bedson may terminate the hire contract under these terms and conditions:
17.1. Fails to pay any Rentals or other sums payable under these conditions in full within 30 days of such sums becoming due (whether demanded or not)
17.2. Commits a breach of any of the other terms and conditions of the contract (whether express or implied)
17.3. Does or causes to be done anything, which in the opinion of Dave Bedson may jeopardise Dave Bedson’s rights in the Equipment.
17.4. Is involved in any legal process (whether directly or indirectly) that results in a levy on or against any of the hired equipment, or against any premises where the equipment is, or against any of the Hirer’s goods or other property, or the hirer permits any judgement against it to remain unsatisfied for seven days.
17.5. Suffers an interim order (as an individual) under the Insolvency Act or enters into a voluntary arrangement or suffers the making of a statutory demand or the presentation of a petition for a bankruptcy order
17.6. Enters into any liquidation, calls any meeting of its creditors, or has a receiver or administrative receiver appointed of all or any of its undertaking or assets, or suffers the appointment or the presentation of a petition for the appointment of an Administrator under the provisions of Part II of the Insolvency Act, or is deemed by virtue of Section 123 of the Insolvency Act to be unable to pay its debts.
- Force Majeure: Dave Bedson is not liable for any failure to supply a product or service where that failure is caused by an event that could not reasonably have been foreseen, forestalled or prevented. This may include (but is not limited to) acts of war, terrorism, natural disasters and acts of God.
- English Jurisdiction: All agreements, contracts and transactions entered into with Dave Bedson will be bound and governed by English Law. This document supersedes all previous terms and conditions of hire.
It is highly recommended that the client takes out Public Liability and Hired in Equipment Insurance